Saturday, August 18, 2012

BAPTISM ANNIVERSARY

Today is 19 August 2012 in New Zealand, and it's the 45th anniversary of my baptism into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  I was taught the Gospel in San Antonio, Texas, by Elder William Lieber of Rochester, New York, and Elder Steve Udall of Eager, Arizona, and I will forever be grateful to these two missionaries who "added upon" the religious truths I had always held sacred and led me into a more meaningful life than I could have ever imagined.  This year I celebrate my membership in the Church while serving as a missionary myself with my good husband, and the tears have flowed as I have reminisced about the years since I've joined the Church and the many blessings that have come my way.  Today was Ward Conference in the Hastings 1st Ward; therefore, we were able to raise our arms to the square and sustain our Church leaders, which today was so meaningful to me.  Then, for our Sacrament hymn, we sang "I Stand All Amazed," which brought further tears, since that's one of the very first songs I grew to love when I joined the Church.   Elder Lieber died a few years ago, but we were able to speak at a fireside together when he came to Utah for a visit and share memories of my conversion.  Elder Udall is still alive and kickin' in Eager, AZ, and he and his sweet wife Bonnie went with Clyde and me to San Antonio for the open house of the San Antonio Temple.  We've also spoken together at firesides; and, hopefully, they will come to Utah again when we get home from our mission.  For all my blessings as a member and a missionary, I Stand All Amazed at the love Jesus offers me!

No comments:

Post a Comment